Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Control?

So, I did not fall off from the Golden Gate Bridge. I did bend down over the railing to take a look. I controlled. I think I saw Lalita Powar in the water below, waving madly, calling out to me to jump. If it were Catherine Zeta Zones or Monica Belluci I would certainly have. But, then I would have missed this blog.
Another reason for me to control was that I was pissed off. Golden Gate Bridge is not made of Gold!. Its not even painted gold.
Ab yeh bhi koi baat hui?..Hum naraaz ho gaye aur nahi koode.

It reminded me of Yuva though, the scene when Vivek Oberoi bhaiya jumps off from Howrah. Who did he saw in Devgan bhaiya? Kareena Didi to wahin unke paas khadi thi..hmm..somethings are better off when left unexplained. May be he just couldn't control.

During the Calif. Trip. I finished my 512MB memory stick in the digicam. I could not control. And now I am overwhelmed by the number of pics I have got to deal with. Will upload some of them soon.

Couple of days back, I'd almost lost it. The control, I mean. It was the limit.

Chalo, ek tip ka bulb jala deta hun

Whenever you have an urge to pee.
Do it. Don't control.
Do it. Do it, My friend.. Do it.
Look for a place and do it.
and Happy, You will be.

Basically, I had gone to attend a dinner presentation by the ASCE Geotech group. They had invited a faculty from UIUC to talk on the new technologies that will shape the future of geotech testing and surface exploration . Whatever it was, I did'nt care. My senior had told me that the company reimburses for it and that I get 1 hour of professional development and dinner. It was enough for me to say Yes. Apne ko kya?

We got there during the cocktails and then some thing or the other kept me interested and made me ignore the urge. I controlled like Atal ji controls his speech, I managed myself like Rajnikanth manages his cigarette, goggles, pistol and cowboy hat all in one shot. Did I say that the cocktails were followed by a long Greek dinner and then a even longer presentation. It was all like watching a Balaji Telefilms soap on an island surrounded by sharks. All this while I kept that kodak-moment smile on my face and punctuated it by occasional "Oh yaa..is it?"
Finally it was over and my senior kindly dropped me off at the train station in downtown. She was very kind. I mean very very kind, because she waved me good bye and stood there to see me getting into the train station, leaving me absolutely no chance of sneaking into a store and its heavenly restroom.

I got into the train and tried to keep myself busy with the Contemporary Modern History text book I am carrying these days (just for the heck of it). I think I just read two sentences in the 20 minute journey. I got off at my station and literally started a 100 meter to my apartment. It was windy and cold as usual. And when its cold, it gets worse. Thankfully M called up. Tu Jiye Hazaroon Saal, Saal ke din ho Pachas Hazaar.

M: Hii..kya ho raha hai ?
Me: Hi..arey yaar mat pooocho..I just got off the station and am walking towards my place and its windy here..*kat-kat-kat-kat*
M: hehe..ok ok I will hang up, ur hands will freeze. I know its bad
Me: "Arey nahi..nahi ..its ok..just talk to me..divert my mind..or I will do it right here!..koi rest room nahi hai..badi der se control kiya hua hai..*kat kat kat*"
M: ohh..hehe..arey go into a store na..
Me: Nahi hai na..I am in a residential area..kuch nahi hai..ruko ruko ATM machine hai..kar dun?
M: Hell no!!..hehe ure crazy
Me: Cars hai..no wait..fire hydrant..usmein? :)
M: Shutup..
Me: Kisi ke ghar mein ghus jaata hun..bolunga please please ek baar bathroom jane do naa. :D
M: hhaha..ya do that..pit jaoge.
Me: ok ok..keep talking then ..ghar aane hi wala hai..so what did u do today?
M: umm..ok..I cleaned the house..vacumed the living room..and then..we have lots of glasses here..so cleaned them..
Me: ohh.basically u are practicing being a house wife..
M: hehe..nahin yaar.
Me: and giving ur mom more reasons to get u married
M: No.!!I like to manage the house..and makeover..bus.
Me: ok ok..watever I know you want to get married..haha.
--Talk--Jabber--More Talk--More Jabber--
Me: Hey listen ..will call u back..am entering my apartment..and thanks!.
Back to Tip of the Day -
Whenever you have an urge to pee.
Do it. Don't control.
Do it. Do it, My friend.. Do it.
Look for a place and do it.
and Happy, You will be.
I hope everyone had a COLORFUL HOLI,
mine was plain..am a little sick..feeling that throat infection again..but what less do u expect when you go out for a hair-cut right into the wind and cold, with no ear-puffs and gloves and then get into a hot shower seconds after you have said goodbye to the cold wind.

13 Comments:

Blogger fursat said...

LOL @ Lolita Powar joke. Didn't got the Vivek Oberoi one. Sir ke upar se nikal gaya

Post the pictures soon. I hope you captured some girls in your 512 MB.

I will remember your tip of the day...LOL. I remember calling my brother too once in your situation...ha ha. Ab yeh India toh hain nahin ke jahan mann aaya, Kapil shuru ho gaya... LOL

Contemporary Modern History...u ok na?

My colorful holi was plain too. Anyways, Happy Holi!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Shishir said...

a 100% bloggish post.!! ur improving..mujhe bhi kuch tips do na ... [;)]

10:01 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

Where are thou? You need a tag-board, Man!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Nupur said...

LOL - Ok... I dunno abt the Lalita Powar...but I did get the VO joke... :P @ Ricky.

And kya woh 98 deg ka gaana nahi dekha... the one on the Bridge? And waise bhi Umreeka apne India jitni ameer thhode hi hai ki humaare Golden Temple jaisa Golden bridge bana sake.

Waiting for the pics... and for a change atleast ek pic mein to apni shakal dikha dena. Bored of waiting for you to update pics on Orkut.

LOL - I knew before u even wrote that it was a chick you were talking to ...... so .. kaun hai? ;)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

@ricky
:)..nups got the VO joke..ask her :D..waise i am wondering, what did she get in the joke :D..coz even i dont know what it means :P

and not many girls in the pics..we dint go to any beach as such..the weather wasnt really supportive..aur ab pics ki kya jaroorat hai..sundar kanyayein to humaare dil mein rehti hain :D

and yes ..do remember that tip..i just escaped or it wud have rained in the pants ;)

and come on!.dont say ur holi was plain..judy bhabhi.sarah bhabhi aur jackie bhabhi kya kya hua? :)..

abt the comments and the tag-board.i am just bein lazy yaar :)

@gd
ya man..but i wonder if the whole world is a bathroom y do everyone choose india :)

@shishir
happy budday mere bro..and boss..my posts are not even close to the meaningful writings of urs :)..i just kholofy and that too badly :D

@nupur
lol@golden temple..i know u saw it in india :)..me stil have to :(

abt pics,..orkut is enuff..yahan itna pyara page kharab ho jayega agar apni shakal laga di to :D

@chick--hmm...dost hai
nothing much re..chillax

9:48 PM  
Blogger Fursat said...

lalita pawar...batao..aaya bhi to kya nazar :P

i hope u r fine now..no infections :)

happy holi to u too belated though :P

Take care

7:25 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

When nature calls u dont need to worry so much to worry so much out here. this is one of those rare moments when i m feelin good for being in our own matrubhoomi

8:50 PM  
Blogger Anks said...

hi kaps... that was some control...

you look down the bridge and saw lalita pawar? God!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Kaps said...

@neetie
hehe :) lolitaaa.
ya abhi infection thik ho gaya..hurray! thanku

@ankit
seriously, its so easy out there..:)..diwaar par likha hoga..ki "yahan karna mana hai" or "yahan sirf gadhe karte hain"..but tab bhi hum karte hain..aisi azaadi aur kahan :)

@anks
hey :).
kya karein..control karna padhta hai..ruffle lays ya kurkure to hain nahi..ki "kya karein control nahi hota"..

9:08 AM  
Blogger Invincible said...

Thanks God that u dint see zeta jones.

Tussi to pics ki baat hi na kariyo. Lasht time bhi kalti mar di thi aap ne :(

Holi was kewl, office mein dhamal :p

aur yeh kya throat infection !!
kuchh lete kyon nahi !

Baal katwaane ki itni kya jaldi thi ? or u went there for a leak n incidentally it happend to be a saloon :)

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaps ur blog is always the best, fun to read.

"M" :)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work report on bextra Green microwave oven

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home