Monday, February 20, 2006

Capturing Moments

I had started this post long time back. I think it was supposed to be the second post of this new blog. Something was going on in my mind, and it did for a long time. But I don’t remember it now. :) That’s usual for me.
Hundreds of thoughts just pass by and I am unable to retain them. And now I realize that this post was something about this very wish of mine..Ability to Retain Moments.
I will try and complete the post and hopefully it will be close to the thoughts lingering on my mind.
-------------------------------------
I have been pondering about something and it has occupied my mind more than I would have liked. Now, it has become inevitable, that I put it down here.

To begin with, I want a record of each and every moment that I spend. A record, not only about what and how I am doing, but also of my feelings, my momentous decisions, my habits, my behaviour. Putting it straight, I want a record of each and every little thing that happen to me or things that I do. What I have observed and felt strongly in my 23 years of living a recordless life is that, there have been so many moments which deserved to be put down. There has to be a place where I can go and look back at those moments and smile and remember and learn from them.

Analogy?

Life is a cricket match and each moment is one ball bowled, or may be a wicket taken, or a cover drive for four, or a dropped catch, or a dog jogging along the pitch, or Inzy wondering why he got out when he played a perfectly defensive shot.
I am more than just amazed when I look at those moments after the match is over.



Click, Click and Click.

Hundreds of photographers swarm the ground's periphery, tucked behind those advertisement boards doing their job. Every moment in the match is a prospective chapter in any cricket history book. And they know that. None can afford to relax. There!..Sehwag just looked into the eyes of Rawalpindi Express. Click-->Captured.

I wish we had the same ability in our lives. Ability to secure moments as and when they occur. Yes, cameras and camcorders and celfone cameras are there. But its much more than just a click when it comes to the game of life. Its goes deep and there is a difference too. I don't want others (photographers) to do that for me. I want things from my perspective and unfortunately at the same time I don't want to put any amount of effort. I dont want to come back home and write in a diary..in a blog...in an email..or a chat or on phone. I want things unbiased. Pure and natural as they come.

-------------------------------------------------

I think I am not good at putting down my thoughts because when I read the above, I feel some thing missing.

--------------------------------------------------

Irrespective of how much we crib about Indian cricket and cricketers and their money making advertisements, we do love them and are crazy about it. A friend passed on a link to a video containing some of the best moments of Indian fielding in recent times and a punjabi background score :)

Enjoy!

google.video.com link hai..shayad india mein nahi chalta..:((

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking post but don't you think that some things are better not recorded/clicked/captured. How our mind works is truly amazing though. I can still remember things from the age when was 1 year old, although they are just a blur or may not have even happened exactly as I imagine it to be. Maybe my mom used to tell me stories from my childhood and I developed an image of it in my head which still remains. All the moments that I remember from my distant past are either too happy/sad/scary. Maybe that's what I want to remember...

No matter how much we deny it but blogging is another form of trying to capture our present to look back from our future. Again like life we record only few good/bad moments in blogging too. So, in that sense I will compare life to blogging, where we only want to retain bad/good moments from our life.

I liked you cricket analogy too. Anyways, our life is recorded a little too much out here with all those cameras in stores/banks/univ/work. Plus I don't like my pictures and video captures anyways. I get too consious with the camera around and that's why gave up the idea of becoming next Sunny Deol (plus I don't have the body like him too)...lol

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, my comment turned out to be as big as your post but you can take it as a compliment...;-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Abhi said...

Nicely expressed bhai.I could connect to it , and meri connection abilities badi kam hain ,teri post mein acchi and natural baat thee.Maybe i felt it more coz of the fact im about to leave this college n city soon , so nostalgia nostalgia hota hai aajkal.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting way of capturing things kaps....but why relate them to CRICKET!!!! Saari cheezein ghoom phir ke cricket pe kyun???? think of other things in life. Ok Ok enough of jokes but really can connect with what your saying...there are certain moments/incidents taht you want to save forever!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the google link. It was awesome but somehow when I am watching a match I prefer the natural sound of people cheering rather than a punjabi track. So, it kinda ruined the fun but otherwise my punjabi puttar Yuvi is the bestest...:-)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Ankit said...

The link is working in India....
The thought of capturing moments is good thts why we all mantain diaries or blogs ...

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aree bhai, kahan gayab ho? Koi mil gayee kya moment capture karne waali...LOL

3:41 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

@ricky
itnaa badaaaaa comment :)..thanku..
moms are the best!..sheez told me lots of stories.and i remember them as my own memories.
well..yes..blogs are a way to capture the present..but somehow i think that it has to be more extensive..i may be missing smthing in my present..which i dont realize right now.


and sir, u dont need to become sunny deol.:)..he pulls out handpumps for no reason :).aap to SRK hain :)

Yuvi has certainly been amazing..some catches were impossible..but i think kaif and raina are a tuch quick..but who wants to compare?..they are all the best!!

@hitler's soul
bhaiya aapko to sahi mein foto shoto khinche ki jaroorat hai..:)

@anz
india is my country..all indians love cricket..all indians live cricket..:)..yaar aur kuch nahi mila mujhe compare karne ko.:)
nice to know that u connected. :P

@ankit
nice yaar.i'd heard ki india mein nahi chalta...i know we maintain blogs and diaries..but i think i am not gud at just putting down things..idhar udhar ki baatein jyada ho jaati hain :P

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home