Friday, February 24, 2006

Top of the head..

For a change, this is going to be a khopdi ke upar se post.

I am sitting in my cubicle at work. Its 4:45 pm..have been working my ass off since I came in at 8:30 am. I want a break now so I have opened up a Microsoft Outlook email window and typing so that they think that I am writing an important mail, which ofcourse I am not. After I finish this I am going to slowly creep into Internet Explorer and copy paste this stuff and format it and publish it.

They are playing "Masti ki paadshaala..apni to paadshaala…LOOSE CONTROL"..yes my headphones are on. There is this really cool software, I am addicted to. It plays live Indian radio stations of US, UK, Paris, France, Holland, BBC and what not. The station at Paris is Radio Teen Taal and I have found it the best among all. It plays all new songs and remixes. Bluffmaster's Right Here Right Now, hindi rap is my best these days. Its just funny. Okay the song has changed.."Dekha tumko jabse…dekha tumko yaara….you are my soniaaa"..aah Kareena Kapoor. Kya hoga is ladki ka?.I am really worried!..:)

Yesterday this new guy flew in from India. He is supposed to join the same company from Monday. Even though we've gradutated from the same college in India.I just remember him as some one who was around, never really had a conversation, but he seems to be a nice guy..hansta rehta hai.

So yesterday evening was this customary warm welcome to US to the new dude. B went to pick him up. I and U anxiously waited in our apartment watching "Must Love Dogs"..oh…this reminds me..I have joined Netflix so getting 3 DVDs at a time delivered at home, well there is a one month free trial :)..watever!.Last 3 days, have watched..Flightplan..In Her Shoes..and then yesterday..Must Love Dogs. Flightplan is a decent movie but there are just too many assumptions to be made. In Her Shoes is based on some book..Cameron Diaz..muuuhaaaah..!..its a 80% drama 20% comedy, relationship of two sisters and how they have a love-hate relationship..blah blah. Getting back to this new guy. Btw, the new song is Jo hai Samaa..Kal Ho Naa Ho. Sonu Nigam's voice doesnt match SRK. Abhijeet in Duplicate was much better, Udit Narayan has been exceptional all way through. Sorry for digressing. So he finally came. Flight delayed for an hour in frankfurt..for me it was not that important that he came.I wanted the sweets.I think I luv this guy. He got Kaaju ki barfi. I don’t remember how many I had but the box felt a lot more light after I had it..I had to gulp down some pepsi to at least start the settling of kaaju in my stomach. I was full. Dint want to have any dinner, but its been a custom that we go out with this the new guy for a dinner mostly an Italian restaurnt for pizza and in the process show him the Amreeeka that is the downtown Chicago, the lake.. Give him the feel, basically.

Showing around was one of my favourite task when anyone new came but now after an year, its the worst part. There has been around 15 college frens who have visited me aur maa kasam..thak gaya hun..guide bann bann ke. Sometimes its not that great to have a huge college network of friends. Weekend before last, DG was here. Thank God he did not want to see chamak dhamak. We rented a sports convertible Ford Mustand and drove off to watch Rang de Basanti and Swami Narayan Temple..and goood desi food..shaahi paneer..malai kofta..aur methi parantha..ek veggie ko aur kya chhaiye life mein??!!!... I am not a hard-core veggie. Eggs are fine, have had chicken before and my latest non-veggie disaster was Lobsters' soup. Ofcourse, I dint know what it was until I finished it off. Bechara lobster :(

Coming back again, so the tradition was to be followed and 5 of us, took this new guy to downtown and started off

"this is the lake..always remember..its on the east!!..ok?..dont forget..ok?..haan..downtown is south..so we are going south..ok?"

Song: Jitna bhi kar lo pyaar…humko to kam lagega…jitnaaaa bhi kar lo pyaaaaar...

"ok..we get down at water tower place..haan bhai..arey pehle yeh dekho..that is Navy Pier..woh jo door se chamak raha hai na..lake par..haan..wahi..its a nice place..lots of nice shops..ferris wheel..Imax..ok..we will go there some day..ok..haan to..arey..utaro..bus se..water tower aaa gaya..see this..this is John Hancock Tower..3rd tallest building in Chicago..the tallest ofcourse is Sears Tower..dekha..upar tak dekhne mein gardan mud jaati hai..dekho..iske 95th floor par ek restaurant hai..Signature..mast hai..chalo ab aage chalte hain..office building tak..fir dinner..yeh dekho..kitne mast showrooms hai…aage victoria secret ka show room hai..sabse pehle wahan chalenge..US mein aake wahan nahi gaye.!...so we are walking south ok?..ya..and this is wrigley building..the same man..wrigley chewing gum..ya..wahi..and this is chicago river..ruko bhai..yahan thoda khade ho..mast view hai..its customary..u have to stand here and appreciate the view..ok..and the next cross street is south water ..thats where u have to get off from the bus..to walk to the office..kya?..haan yaar thand to hai..windy city hai na..its very chilly here..arey..last weekend it was -30 deg C..hehe..haha..koi baat nahi adaat padh jaayegi..haan see that black building..thats our office..thik hai..na..its simple..take buses..145..146..135..ok..chalo ab..dinner kya karna hai?."

Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa lagaa…oo…ek ladki ko dekha to..arey bhai .its the song..

So..we went to Giordanos for Pizza..we werent hungry..mithai itni kha li thi..ordered garlic bread..fries..two 12" thin crust..yes..just that..and 5 of us.were not even able to finish off half of the stuff.!!..we asked for a box..and moved on…

Hopped on to the bus..I had the box with the pizza and as soon as I boarded the bus..this 20 something decent girl who was sitting right on the first seat almost started jumping as if she has just seen Brad Pitt back with Angelina. I paid attention. When a 20 something girl jumps, I pay attention. Its my rule. She was now shouting with her tongue out.... Giordanos..umm..muaaah…wow!..u got pizza in there..?" . I was like "Yo..umm u want some?". I knew for sure it had nothing to do with Giordanos..she just wanted some free food. I took the seat in front of her..she was an amazing actor..eyes on the box..that lust for food in the eyes. I told her that it was all veggie toppings, well..I should have guesssed that..she said it doesn’t matter..the smell was amazing and all that. She literally begged if she can at least see it.!..limit ho gay thi..I opened the box..and showed it..she wasted no time in pulling out one. Kasam se, 5-5 mile lambe tareef ke bridge bana diye usne. I wonder why do they need Engineers.

There was this guy with her, her brother basically. No, she dint tell me. He dint tell me. I am just guessing that he was her brother. I got into a small talk with him. They were from Springfield, the birthplace of America's 16th President, none other than Abraham Lincoln. It was time for them to get off. It was then I realized that they were broke. They were riding for free, the bus driver wanted them off as soon as possible. Its amazing, girls never look broke.

When I got back home, I checked my YM and offliners. There was a very disturbing and sad one from a blogger friend. I dont know if I should write it here. There has been a tragedy. Automatically, something triggered, I composed him an email. I pray to God for strength to him and his family.

I have to come to work this weekend. Saturday and Sunday both. I am loaded with work these days. I am working on a bascule type bridge project based in Wisconsin. Its my first hard core Structural project. Sometimes I wonder, if I ever studied properly what they taught me at college. I feel blank most of the times. I struggle. Somehow, figure things out and move on. The crux is I have to work on the weekend. I had said yes to B to join him to his trip to Michigan which is a 3 hours drive. He works as a volunteer in Ganges, A Vivekanand Samiti Aashram. I have been to the Chicago center couple of times but never to the one in Michigan which I have heard is a very calm, beautiful place. They need some help with the inventory in the Library and I wanted to go. Next weekend I am going to California. I thought it was time to get returns for my Chicago Dekho Guide Service. A close friend is in Stanford Uni.

Song: Asshiq Banayaaa…Asshiq Banayaa aapne..oooonnn…

I think I am going to end here. Have to go back and pack some chocolates which I bought to be sent to India. A friend is going back home tomorrow.

Song Change: Laal Dupatta..Udh gaya re mera hawa ke jhonke se..mujhko piya ne dekh liya hai re dokhe se..


I am going to copy paste this stuff into blogger and format and add some links. Please do not chop off my arms when you notice tonnes of incorrect spelling and grammar. Thank you so much. I need my arms.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

@gd
sudhar gaya sir.

12:51 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

Aree bhai, kitna lamba post likh daala. I like how you integrated songs as they were changing in your all-in-one radio thingy.

I think after reading your post, I don't need a guide for Chicago anymore...LOL.

Ladki ne pizza maanga aur Kapil ne de deeya, kitna dayalu hain hamara Kapil.. LOL

I hope everything is fine with your YM friend.

Best of Luck for your project and have nice trip to California. California ROCKS!! I have some nice memories from there...

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kaps said...

@ricky
:)..i did not integrate the songs..they kept on coming :)..
and I am planning to start off Chicago Dekho..esp for Indians..hindi tour :P..

waise I would luv to know ki aapki Calif mein kaun kaun si memories hain ;)..

8:32 AM  
Blogger Shishir said...

Asshiq Banayaaa… AND Laal Dupatta..Udh gaya re .. ke beech main 5 minute ka time difference hai jisme tumne kewal ek line likhi hai chocolate wali...looks like u were negotiating hard whether to send them or not..!!
Chocolates ...I need those chocolates... :(((((((((((

indeed a gud post..u've made me desparate to come down there and make u my guide once again for all that u now hate to become ;)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

@shishir
I will negotiate for hours whenever I'll think of passing on some chocs to u :))..i wasnt doing that here..and wat makes u think that the songs were mentioned as soon as they were played?..

fir se padho
---

Song: Asshiq Banayaaa…Asshiq Banayaa aapne..oooonnn…

I think I am going to end here. Have to go back and pack some chocolates which I bought to be sent to India. A friend is going back home tomorrow.

Song Change: Laal Dupatta..Udh gaya re mera hawa ke jhonke se..mujhko piya ne dekh liya hai re dokhe se..


:)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am your greatttttttttttttttt fan. ihave all your songs. i am from amravati. i have also came for your program in amravati. i came to meet u in hotel but u were sleeping. i want to become your friend pllease send your e mail address to my address. malkhederd@yahoo.com

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Asian restaurant supplies teacups Plastic surgeons richmondva ultram 2creal estate agent 2cname badge Free hard interracial movies Emmerson tv remote 95 saleen body kits Decorative outdoor faucet Plastic surgeons in medford or xxx celeb comics

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home