Friday, March 03, 2006

The Point

Yesterday I had this project coordination meeting. The drawings I have been working on will be reviewed next week. Now I know what Rakeysh Mehra would have felt when Rang De Basanti's release was delayed. So, I was going to type in something here and the celfone in my left pocket started dancing in a silent mode. I try my best to avoid taking calls while at work because I feel utterly discomfortable. There is this Czech guy in the next cubicle who comes to office to talk on phone in some Slovakian language. He doesn't know what I feel about it, which ofcourse is much like what Michael Moore thinks about George Bush and his Monkey face. I don’t want anyone else to feel the same about me, may be because I possess a Monkey-ier face than Bush. Why present unnecessary oppurtunities when you already are a sky full of them. I read that some 5000 security personnal are appointed for Bush's security while he is in India. I would rather have them ploughing a field. Or may be I don’t understand summit level talks about nuclear cooperation. I also read that Dr. Manmohan Singh set aside the protocol and made an appearance at IGI airport to receive Mr. and Mrs. Bush. It may be a feel-good gesture considering it is Bush's first visit to India. Of all what little I have read and heard about our PM one thing that stands out is his gentle (un-aggressive ? , meekish?) nature. I had an oppurtunity to meet with him briefly during a lunch hosted by Rajya Sabha in Dec. 2003 and he seemed to be a calm, soft-spoken man like the Gandhian way.

After 3 hours from now, I will have the pleasure to sneak away from work and board the southwest flight to San Jose. I will try and post some pics of my California trip, that is, if I do not fall off from the Golden Gate Bridge. In the meanwhile, keep checking the news about a guy who died because he thought falling in love was as easy as falling from the Golden Gate or Eiffel or Moon or whatever!

You got the damn point!?!. Take it with you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Invincible said...

Me first :))
no .. sorry, me 9 - 3 quarterth.

i wd b back to reply

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny post!! LOL. The post was taking so many different directions that I had to keep track of where it was going.

Bush surely do have a Monkey-face but I think you are under-estimating your ishmart face.

Infact, Bush himself was ploughing field in Hyderabad yesterday. He was also given a plough as a soviner.

My parents have met our PM too when they were travelling by train and he was sitting infront of them. It was a regular first-class coach and Manmohan Singh was Finance Minister at that time. A regular laloo-panjo minister goes by A/C class. So, you can very well imagine his humility.

Have fun in SanJose and say my "Hi" to beautiful-bikini-clad-botox-injected-blondes of California

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hv a great trip.

And no face can be closer to a monkey than Emran Hashmi's :-|

10:07 PM  
Blogger Fursat said...

monkey face :P agree with DJ :P

and what r u talking abt tht guy? kuch jayada hi easy samaj liya :P

post the pics..will wait for it :)

take care

God bless u !

7:37 AM  
Blogger Invincible said...

as it stands now, Bush's visit was apparently successful from India's pt of view.

how was the CA trip ?

lol @ falling in love :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

Point is....where are thou?

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

चलिय, एक टिप्पणी हिन्दी मे यहाँ भी छोड़ देते है...आशा है आपकी यात्रा सफल रही होगी। क्या क्या हंगामा किया, कुछ हमें भी तो बताईए...यह अच्छा है के ब्लौगर हिन्दी लिपि ले लेता है...इस मामले मे रिडिफ्फ नालायक है...

11:09 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

Happy Holi Mere Bhai!!

I hope you are having fun with your gopis...;-)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home