Friday, March 24, 2006

Come fall in love...Online!

Yesterday, M asked me if I had feelings for her. She was afraid, that I do, coz a day before I had hung up on her in a *strange* situation. She said she dint sleep that night..People lose sleep over me!. Am that dangerous. Stay away, if you want to sleep in peace.

My answer, though very obvious to me, was a profound no. I mean no feelings of that kinds.--saath mein rahenge..bachon ka naam kya hoga types. I don't fall for people online. The idea doesn't appeal to me. But, I really enjoy the friendship to the extent that there remains a very thin line between whats virtual and whats real. Strangely, the next step scares me to hell. It may be because, I don't want to scare the other person :). I just imagine the real rendezvous..
I travel, and walk across the deserts, swim the seas and hike the jungle in the scorching sun, buy a red rose and some chocs and a stupid ring and get there, expecting --I love you, you love me---Lets be with each other--Lets talk to our parents--We will work it out.

She: Oh..
Me: What..
She: is that you?
Me: No, its my Yahoo id
She: I thot you were..errYou look so different from ur pics
Me: ya..trick photography.
She: ok ya..we..we... can be good friends..Don't call me. I will call you.
Me: that's cool too.

That was exaggerated. And before you stand and shout "I object..". I know it doesn't happen always. People do find soul-mates online.
They meet, magic strikes, Chunnu, Munnu arrives. Ok, not so soon, but they do :)

I have met 3 online friends of mine. Yes those, Cafe Coffee Day meetings..Gosh! I'd never thought of this before!!..Therez always been a Cafe Coffee Day involved. So let me grab this opportunity to thank the owners of CCD for setting up their franchise in Bangalore, sorry, I mean Bangalurooo and Delhi and Kanpur. Sure, "A lot can happen over Coffee"

Coming back, I will not call it online anymore because of the simple fact that even though it started as a YM thing, my relationship with all of them have grown tremendously and now there is nothing virtual left, except the scraps and emails and chats and phone calls-- means of communication. I cant explain it. There has been a shift, from virtual to real and a leap upwards in my comfort level with them. The thin line isnt there anymore. Its been a beautiful and a wonderful experience. A journey from "Do you really exist" to "Oh! I am so glad you really exist".

Why, its been so good? I reason and me thinks because there weren't any feelings involved. Curiosity was, but that's totally different.
So, Why, no feelings? I reason again and now me thinks that it was coz my mind, heart, body, soul, kidney, liver, intestines, lungs, *everything* already felt and inhaled someone else. It still does and am trying to fend it off and success seems as close as Mr. Osama is to US. Its very easy to 'act' and 'declare' and say 'LOL, it was just a little infatuation, you see'. Yeah, a lil infatuation which is already 8 years old. Ask me, how easy it is. Oooops, I digress. Bad Kapil. Don't do that again. Listen to your brain.
I want to elaborate more on M. May be later. Its too much to put in one post. She deserves more than few lines. Its been more than 2 months of knowing each other and an incredibly bumpy yet smooth ride all through.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virtual relationships sometimes are successful, but then its a risk. Emotions n feelings are easily faked in real life/in person and its easier to do so online. Yes i agree a lot can happen over coffee. Unfortunately it isnt easy to say 'it was just infatuation' things stay embedded forever. will wait for the next post!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Shishir said...

who's 'm' jaldi batao??????????????

4:04 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Hmmmm......
The question - ".....asked me if I had feelings for ...." - is the hardest one of all. And Kapil, the future is unknown to all.
So.... gut instinct is what's gotto be followed.

I agree with Anu that online stuff can be pretty complex and sometimes vrey deceiving. But I know from a close experience (my own didi and Jiju) that things do workout for some people! So.... guess.... you just have to keep your eyes open for that person... n keep skepticism to a healthy level. Things like these happen - you can plan or prepare for them! ;)

3:25 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Oops!
You *can't* plan or prepare for them!

3:26 AM  
Blogger . said...

mujhe laga ki 9 saal ho gaye

8:30 PM  
Blogger Invincible said...

Yesterday, M asked me if I had feelings for her
...mmm been there ..

I reason again and now me thinks that it was coz my mind, heart, body, soul, kidney, liver, intestines, lungs, *everything* already felt and inhaled someone else.

Kaun hai woh !!
Will talk @ M later. Pahle who's this 8 yr ur dear.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Aps said...

I don't know how much I have progressed in chatting but whatever little I do sometimes I don't get any feelings beyond that an intelligent computer is talking silly to me.

The pattern is quite noticeable though.

1. who you
2. Discussion on friendship
3a. Those qualified on friendship move to discussion on love
3b. If not then you quit and move to new chat friend :)

Just and anon who stubmbled on your blog to find this topic
-aps

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...to everybody

"M"

8:07 AM  
Blogger The Infinite said...

I agree, I AgrEe, I AGREE!!!
Awesome post! :)
and yeah, me too thanks CCD head! :)

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. girl lamborghini

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home