Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Errr...

These words that you see here weren't intended. Instead, there should have been a proper post on so many things that are going on in my life. I am being lazy for no particular reason. Procrastination is the word that was put in the dictionary exclusively to describe the meaningless activities of Kaps. I have a copyright on the word. I can sue if you use it without my written permission, and when I say 'I can'.. It actually means 'I definitely will' ..unless you are a beautiful girl who believes in 'quality' time pass while we discuss my other 'meaningful' activities. Did you say you are now procrastinating the use of the word?

That's that!.
Lately, I have been reading a lot about reservations in central funded universities in India. A silent reader, that's what I have been; All the yahoo groups..All the mailing lists that connect me to my Alma Mater, are discussing this issue with full rigor. Different people, different backgrounds, different opinions. Its just fascinating. I mean, being a silent reader-- even that is fascinating! Reading those discussions, arguments and counter-arguments and blame games is the highlight of my day.

Protests, all over.
Students decide to bunk classes to show their anger. That was yesterday in IITK. Were they heard?

students senate in various universities/colleges meet and pass a resolution. They intend to write to the President, hold a protest march in the campus, plan to organize a press conference, try and get themselves heard. Will they succeed?

Bangalore, Alumnus decide to go for a peaceful protest march. They want more and more support am sure they will get it. Will they make a difference?

Lots more. Rumors about IITK and IITB alumni going on a hunger strike/ suicide threats.
If its true, will their concerns be taken care of?

Media, publicize and make money, hoping that finger pointing continues. Big advertisement revenue keeps pouring. Will their profits be worth it?

Bloggers, yet another hot topic to punch words in. I think-I blog types. Will their words be read and commented on?

Answers, I seek. Questions I ask.

But wait.. I am a silent reader!...Let me go read more.

We need a leader.

(that's the bottom line, if u noticed)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha me first :D

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well yes words can be written, spoken, shouted but the main issue is will they be heard, seen, noticed? I know many a times that everything goes as a futile attempt…Thanks for linking my post! Reactions are needed but then more than just being wasted away…the leader is within all of us, just that we have to walk on it on our own and lead the way on our own!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silent readers...need to start voicing their opinions too :D

11:28 PM  
Blogger Invincible said...

If Jessica murder case can be reopened
if IIPM is made to change their advertisements (although the influx of students and *money* continues)
then an optimistic opinion would be yes, it wud make a diff.
the media is increasingly taking account of blogs, and the other protests would sure make some impact on the Govt.

Nahi to Arjun Singh ko uda dete hain, kya bolta hai :)

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possibly there is a threshold of apathy...a limit to the 'readership' in each episode...and sadly we are breaking records when it comes to being mere 'observers'...

The first step is in noticing and voicing...the second step is more difficult...possibly we will be able to find the leader within us ...

......

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ankit said...

Its disheartening to see the kind of politics and leadership we have now.

9:44 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

Bhaisahab, can you elaborate on the term, "quality timepass" with regards to a girl.

As far as the reservation system goes, well I am not following it too much except reading about it at few blogs because it doesn't concern me directly now. Also, we are just hearing one side of the story. What does OBCs think about the whole issue? Have we heard their side of story? We can't judge this without hearing both sides.

Also, I feel current generation always have to pay for the misdeeds of their ancestors. Our ancestors screwed up so we will have to pay coz that's how the world works. I have nothing more to say on this issue.

Case closed. I am now waiting for the jury to decide and judge to pass the judgement.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Nupur said...

:P I have to come back and properly respond.....

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaps.....Procrastination is my word now toooo

Guess who ?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ashish Gupta said...

you did not remain silent by posting this post :D hehe


PS: @camelpost: an iitian? there was a looong (& enlightening) debate on internal newsgroup inside IITB about setting up IITs outside... some faculty members choose to participate too... after practicality issues almost everyone agreed that the idea be better ditched !!!! Believe me its not worth it given the current scenario in the existing IITs itself!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Gebrauchtwagen volvo Dori blouses paypal gambling craps Signal strength monitor for pda cell phone Maternity clothes for the large woman Order bontril sr 105mg Reading material mcse Survey sh 42 ultram Renault crash Paintball white headband Azerbaijan call centers http://www.meridia-medication.info/Callcenter.html email call center Nextel call center Acne like with thick white puss Kostenlose software callcenter Dunwoody plastic surgeon

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Gambling revenue on indian reservations Radar detection hq radar detector Pdr prozac African print home accents and decor appliance repair cost guide Holiday car rental uk ultracet

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home